Starting out with bob i had to put together the wood which made the frame , next step was to wrap around the plastic. For the dirt and seeds to hold.
Brandon and i cut bob out with the blade, it took time but it was well worth it since it turned out so well.
I chose bob marley since i was listening to his music in class which made me get the idea of making him. The songs are really nice beat and make you realize the small joys of life. Then as soon as i thought of him grass came to mind. I knew it would difficult but the results turned to be actually nice. Laying Down the soil was the first step. Made sure they were all tucked in the soil and left some on the top. Spraying it was pretty difficult because it dried out so quickly. The first day mo results. It took about a whole week until the grass started to grow, and another week for it to start shaping to bob Marley. Working on this portrait was really fun. I love how it was such a big challenge. There was a lot of risk taking in this project because i had no idea if the grass was going to grow since it was cold and the sun was never out for a while. The material i used which is grass, impact the artist because he is a big hippie and is also really into nature's beauty. Also who is from the natural environment. Which is how i saw the connection in this piece.